We have a detailed plan to ensure that our deliveries and collections are successful throughout this period. However, please note that we will be unable to access certain 'lockdown venues', since they will be closed to all general traffic. Click here for information on deliveries into the 'lockdown venues'
Our action plan will include:
- opening an additional facility near our London Bridge depot before commencement of the Games
- increasing the number of routes operating from our London depots
- providing drivers with assistants who will make the final delivery on foot (this will not apply to 'lockdown venues') where necessery
- introducing early AM deliveries and late PM deliveries
- having the option of switching parcel traffic from affected depots to alternative depots
- increasing the number of depot/customer service staff to enable customers to collect their parcels
- appointing an Olympic Specialist in all affected depots, who will coordinate our action plan
- providing daily updates on our position in London throughout the whole of the Games
Interlink Express has invested £1.3million to ensure that service levels are maintained to the best of our abilities in and around the impacted areas. We cannot absorb all of this cost and have introduced an Olympic surcharge of £1.95 for each consignment delivered into those postcode areas where there is extended disruption within the Olympic congestion zone. We have done everything to keep this charge to a minimum.
In order to help you create your own contingency plans for this period, we have produced a matrix which outlines the specific dates and postcodes that will be impacted.
Please note: for red and amber postcodes on the above matrix, the following services will be suspended for the duration of the Games: By 9:30, By 12, Saturday Before 10 and Saturday Before 12 (Saturday deliveries will be made throughout the day). Green postcodes indicate normal service will continue.